I should have more info on eating clean under “Helpful Links” soon. Keep on keepin’ on guys!
Heya guys! I get a lot of asks about clean eating and my grocery lists, so I hope this is helpful to y’all! :) Stay awesome!
Clean Eating Cookie Dough
- 1/2 c quick cooking oats
- 1/4 c natural peanut butter
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 squares of dark chocolate (we use one square of Lindt 85% cocoa & one square of 90% cocoa)
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1/4 c egg whites (make sure you use the 100% egg whites, pasteurized)
- 1 Tbsp unsweetened almond milkDirections:
- 1. Add all ingredients to a blender.
- 2. Place wax paper on a plate & add cookie dough (you can shape however you would like).
- 3. This is the hard part…put them in the freezer for at least an hour. I have found that after 2 hours they taste the best!Recipe found HERE
Oh my god
Find your snacking personality.
THIS. This is sooo helpful. Especially since I work through my normal, before-I-started-working diet. I would eat every 3.5 hours on the dot. And was sooo much slimmer.
Now with work, its a lot harder to snack and This. Is. Awesome.
NEW YEAR, NEW YEAR CLEAN EATING CHALLENGE!
It takes 21 days to make or break a habit and an additional 10 days to solidify that change in your life.
This makes January the perfect month to change your eating habits, shed some winter pounds and make a life style change that is more than another crash diet.
This month we are going to eat as little processed food as possible! This means eating natural and avoiding anything refined, processed, or packaged.
With a diet consisting of mostly fruits, vegetables, lean meat, lentils and beans, and a bit of dairy, not only will you feel better and more energetic but you will start losing weight faster than with any diet pill, supplement or prepackage weight loss program.
Okay here are the guidelines to follow:
For 21 days we are not eating anything:
- packaged or in a wrapper
- from a fast food restaurant
- from a vending machine
This means no chips, cookies, burgers, candies, pasta, red meat, or foods high in fat, sugar, or carbs!
We are going to eat:
- lean meat
- beans, nuts, and lentils
- a teeny bit of whole grain carbs
- Try to drink 6-8 glasses of water a day
- No alcohol
- Try to have fruits or veggies at each meal
- Carbohydrates should only be eaten once a day in small portions
- Should be eating at least 3 servings of protein a day (this will keep you feeling full!)
I will be posting some meal ideas and a day of meals for ideas on what to eat!
Message me if you have any questions!
Remember if you decide to post about your 21 day challenge tag it #21days so I can follow all your journeys! I will feature promo this week anyone who is doing the challenge J
- FRUIT & VEGETABLES –If it falls from a tree, then it’s safe to say it’s a good option. The idea is to try and eat foods that have not been altered by humans in any way. Try and buy local from the nearest farmer’s market, this way you are guaranteed quality produce, along with supporting your local farmers!
- LEAN MEATS –Meat is not our enemy. Lean meats are a fantastic source of protein, which creates lean muscle and keeps you feeling fuller for longer – BONUS! When buying meat, stick to lean, quality meats from your local butcher.
- GRAINS –Think ‘whole’ grains. Things like brown rice, quinoa, rye breads and oatmeal are all good options. Steer clear of ‘white’ breads, pasta and rice – brown is best!
- FEWER PACKAGED FOODS –Just because it claims to be healthy, doesn’t mean it’s a good choice. Many packaged foods are a company’s advertisement, attempting to lure shoppers into buying their product. You will find that there are many hidden nasties in foods found in the supermarket that can negatively impact your health.
- H20 IS THE WAY TO GO –Keep yourself hydrated all day long, and the best way to do that is good old fashioned water! Most drinks found in the supermarket are full of sugar, even some orange juice! The best option is to juice your own at home, so much better for you!
Clean Eating Triple Chocolate Chunk Muffins
- 1 3/4 cup Oats
- 3 Egg whites
- 3/4 cup Unsweetened cocoa
- 1/2 cup Unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup Plain greek yogurt (or regular plain low fat yogurt)
- 1/2 tsp Cream of tartar (or 2 tsp. vinegar)
- 1 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp Baking soda
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 cup Hot water
- 1/2 cup Baking stevia OR 1 cup sweetener of choice that measures like sugar 1
- 1/2 cup Semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Tip- Foil cupcake liners, remove the inner paper lining (because paper liners tend to stick to muffins!)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 2 (12-cup) muffin pans with foil cupcake liners, or spray muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a blender, (or food processor), mix all of the ingredients together, except for the chocolate chips. Blend until oats are ground and mixture is smooth.
- Place mixture in a bowl and gently stir in 1/2 of the chocolate chips (set the rest aside). Scoop mixture into prepared muffin pans.
- Place muffins tins in the oven for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, remove muffins from the oven (but don’t shut oven off), and distribute the other half of the chocolate chips on top of each muffin.
- Place the muffins back into the oven and bake for an additional 2-5 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.*Note, you could skip this step by putting all of the chips in the batter, and baking the muffins for 12-15 min straight, but this method gives the muffins the traditional ‘VitaTop Muffin’ look with the chocolate chips on top!
- Cool muffins before removing from pan. ENJOY!!!***This amazing recipe and more can be found HERE at Dashing Dish