What I eat on a Weekly Basis #1: Fruits (and how I eat them)
I try to eat 3-5 servings of fruit a day! I can’t imagine a day without fruit.
- Gala Apples - I try to buy them organic if they’re available. I’m pretty picky about my apples. Galas, honey crisps or pink ladies are the one’s I mainly like. I eat apples warm with cinnamon with my oatmeal or with peanut butter as a snack. Every so often I’ll eat one plain. I eat an apple EVERY DAY.
- Bananas - I rarely eat a banana plain. I’ll put it in a smoothie, eat it with almond butter and dark chocolate for a dessert, use my Yo-nanas Machine or with peanut butter as an after lunch snack.
- Blueberries - I like to add these to smoothies or in a mixed fruit salad
- Mangos - I love to eat them plain or in a mixed fruit salad
- Oranges - My go to are navels, but I love all oranges. I love to cut these up in 8th’s and just eat them like I just finished soccer practice.
- Bartlett Pears - I like all pears, especially Asian pears (more fiber than average pears) but Bartlett’s are my go-to.
- Pineapples - I buy one a week and cut them up to eat plain, but I also use them as a nice juice base or in a mixed fruit salad.
- Strawberries - I eat these plain (no sugar) cut up or in (again) a fruit salad.
These are just the typical fruits on my shopping list. I eat many other fruits, but these make an appearance atleast once a day or every other day.
Best fruit for weight loss—High-carbohydrate fruits. Banana, plum, pear, kiwifruit, pineapple, mango, grape, and fig should be eaten for breakfast. These fruits give the required energy to jump start digestion and provide the required sugar content after the night’s fasting.—Low-carbohydrate fruits. Watermelon, peach, nectarine, cantaloupe, apple, and papaya come under this category. These nutritious fruits have high water content and control the body temperature and help expel bad cholesterol from the body. They provide the necessary energy for the cardiovascular and nervous systems to function optimally. The low-carbohydrate fruits like these do not tax the body with excess sugar content; instead, diets rich in these fruits aid burning excess fat and losing weight.—Citrus fruits and berries. Diets rich in citrus fruits provide minimal carbohydrates. These fruits include raspberries, blackberries, cranberries, and to some extent strawberries and blue berries. A small amount of lime, lemon, or sweet lime can also be included. These fruits help promote bowel movement and thereby detoxification. They eliminate toxins or undigested matter from the body. Citrus fruits and berries cleanse the blood and reinforce cardiovascular system. This promotes heart health as well. These fruits aid in removing bad cholesterol and improving digestion and appetite, thereby leading to healthy weight loss.—Watery fruits. Fruits—such as watermelon, cantaloupe, musk melon, and honey dew melon—all have plenty of water in them with an amount of carbohydrates. They provide excellent hydration for digestion and low amount of carbohydrates for instant energy to the body. These watery fruits provide the required water content for effective digestion and excretion of toxins, thereby aiding detoxification and healthy weight loss.
This is some great info!!!!