RAW RAINBOW WRAPS w/ Mango Dressing
Prep Time: Approximately 15 minutes
- Large collard leaves
- Red bell pepper, sliced
- Carrots, julienned
- Yellow and green zucchini squash, julienned
- Purple Cabbage, chopped
Mango Dipping Sauce:
- 1 Ripe mango, peeled and chopped
- 1 Carton cherry tomatoes, about 2 cups
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 1 Handful of fresh cilantro
1. Slice, peel, julienne, and chop all of the wrap fillings.
2. Using a sharp knife, remove all or most of the collard green stems. This allows for more flexibility when it comes time to wrap.
3. Lay out the fillings across the collard leaf and roll it up as you tuck in the sides of the leaf.
Oh man, has anyone tried this? It looks SO good!
Sriracha Soy Curl Wraps: perfection in cylindrical form. Click here for the recipe!
Bacon Wrapped Chicken Tenders
Did I mention that bacon is like one of the best creations ever?? What CAN’T you add bacon to!? Anyway, it takes a lot for me to eat chicken breasts because I just never cook it right, so it always tastes really MEH. As a result, I decided to just wrap a slice of bacon around each piece, and voila! Slapped some zucchini on that plate and made this dinner in 10 minutes. Definitely one of those deliciously easy and quick recipes during a busy day!
- Chicken (breast or thigh)
- Sea salt
- Garlic Powder
- Cayenne (optional)
- Any other seasonings you want on your chicken (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Cut the chicken into long chicken tenders (about 1.5” wide)
- Season the chicken however you please
- Wrap a slice of bacon around each chicken tender. If you think you wrapped too much and removed some, put it BACon…… LOL ok I’m tired. But seriously, put as much or as little as you please
- Place on a foil covered baking rack
- Bake for about 10 minutes, depending on the size of chicken tender
Zucchini Lasagna (Without the Pasta Sheets)…RECIPE
Mini Deep Dish Pizzas
Since I’m in love with pizza, I was excited to try this recipe out with small “deep dish” pizzas that were also healthy! :)
- Whole wheat tortillas
- Pizza sauce
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
- Mini turkey pepperonis
- Pepper (optional)
- Any other additional toppings you like on your pizzas
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Use a cup or cookie cutter to cut about 3-4 circles out of each wrap
- Press each wrap into a muffin tin
- Add pizza sauce to the mini bowls you just created (about 1 tbsp should be good)
- Sprinkle mozzarella cheese over the pizzas, and add pepperonis on top of the cheese
- Bake in the oven for about 10-12 minutes, or until the cheese is melted
- Wait for the pizzas to cook before removing them from the tin with either a fork or knife
Grilled chicken, crisp cucumber, sweet strawberries, juicy mango and fresh mint leaves all rolled up in a tasty collard leaf…RECIPE
Simple Paleo Nachos
This was actually requested by one of our followers: theshrinkingvioletblog, thanks for requesting such an easy and DELICIOUS recipe for us to look into and make for everyone else :)
This was such an easy and quick dinner, that my friends and I devoured the entire plate once we finished making it.
We basically combined 3 of our previously listed recipes below, so you can check out how we made it:
1. 5 Minute CRISPY Sweet Potato Chips (you said easy, right?)
Home-made Panipuri. Photo by Hari Prasad Nadig.
Pani puri is my all time favourite Indian street food/snack.
Vegetarian Tamale Pie
Mexican is quickly becoming one of our favorite styles for cooking. Somehow various combinations of beans, tomatoes, peppers, and cheese never seem to get old! We’ve recently upped our game and started trying to cook dried beans. While it requires a little advanced planning (the…
Post has been published on http://turvs.net/vegetarian-tamale-pie/
HEALTHY LOWCARB CAULIFLOWER PIZZA CRUST
- Add 200g raw cauliflower to a food processor and pulse until the texture looks like rice
- Preheat oven on 230 degree Celcius and microwave to cauliflower rice for 7 minutes 3
- Mix the microwaved cauliflower with 100g cheese of your choice(I used non GMO soy), 2 eggwhites (65 g) or 1 whole big egg, spicery and herbs
- Put the mixture on a baking paper and spread with your hands
- Now put the crust for 20 minutes into your oven
- Add toppings of your choice and put again for 6-9 minutes into your oven 7
- ENJOY! Please tag me(thehealthycook) if you try or share my recipe! I hope you like it <3