Turkey Sliders with Zucchini Buns
These are seriously the cutest little healthy sliders that I have ever eaten! They’re fast to make and low in calories. They can work as appetizers or even main entrees, depending on how many you can resist. You can also play with the seasonings for the turkey to cater towards your own taste preferences :) I’ll definitely be making these again.
- 1/2 pound ground turkey, chicken or beef
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tbsp diced onion
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- Dash of cayenne (optional)
- 1 large zucchini
- Olive oil
- Any other seasonings (optional)
- Combine the ground meat, garlic, onion, salt, pepper, paprika, and optional cayenne
- Slice the zucchini into quarter inch thick circles
- Drizzle olive oil over the zucchini and place them on a grill to get some grill marks on them. A regular frying pan can work as well
- Form patties the same diameter as the zucchini slices
- Turn the frying pan to medium heat and fry the patties until cooked thoroughly
- You can add additional toppings to your sliders, including tomatoes, avocado, mushrooms, onions, mustard, etc
Gluten Free Whole Grain Waffles from Scratch
YES. I just love the way that word sounds. To me, brunch is the key to a happy life. Sunday morning…
BRUNCH IS IN MY TOP 5 FAVORITE THINGS ABOUT LIFE … LOVE
Lemon-Blueberry Sweet Tea
- 1 (12-oz.) package frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 family-size tea bags
- 3/4 cup sugar
- Garnishes: fresh blueberries, lemon rind strips
1. Bring blueberries and lemon juice to a boil in a large saucepan over medium heat; cook, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes. Remove from heat; pour through a wire-mesh strainer into a bowl, using back of a spoon to squeeze out juice. Discard solids. Rinse saucepan clean.
2. Bring 4 cups water to a boil in same saucepan; add 3 tea bags; let stand 5 minutes. Discard tea bags. Stir in sugar and blueberry juice mixture. Pour into a pitcher; cover and chill 1 hour. Serve over ice. Garnish, if desired.
RAW RAINBOW WRAPS w/ Mango Dressing
Prep Time: Approximately 15 minutes
- Large collard leaves
- Red bell pepper, sliced
- Carrots, julienned
- Yellow and green zucchini squash, julienned
- Purple Cabbage, chopped
Mango Dipping Sauce:
- 1 Ripe mango, peeled and chopped
- 1 Carton cherry tomatoes, about 2 cups
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 1 Handful of fresh cilantro
1. Slice, peel, julienne, and chop all of the wrap fillings.
2. Using a sharp knife, remove all or most of the collard green stems. This allows for more flexibility when it comes time to wrap.
3. Lay out the fillings across the collard leaf and roll it up as you tuck in the sides of the leaf.
Oh man, has anyone tried this? It looks SO good!
Banana oatmeal muffins made with oatmeal, yogurt, eggs, and bananas! no flour-good for on the go mornings:)
Recipe Link: chaseandem.blogspot.com
Quinoa Pizza BitesMakes ~40 bites
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1 cup chopped pepperoni slices (~1/2 of a 7 oz bag)
- 1/2 tsp seasoning salt
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp dried crushed oregano
- pizza sauce for dipping1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.2. Mix together all ingredients, except pizza sauce, in a medium mixing bowl.3. Distribute mixture into a greased mini muffin tin, filling each cup to the top (1 heaping Tbs each), and press down gently to compact.4. Bake for 15-20 minutes.Nutritional Information for 5 bites per My Fitness Pal: Calories – 175, Fat – 10g, Protein – 9g, Fiber – 2g, Calcium – 10mg, Carbs – 12g
raspberry lime water, yummy!
This looks good! You could try the same with strawberries, blackberries, etc. Or mix them all together! With lemon or lime!
Peanut Butter Caramel Baked Apples…RECIPE